Children at the Park and Parkwall Federation engage in a high quality history curriculum that will inspire curiosity, fascination and exploration about Britain’s past and that of the wider world. We focus on the influence of significant events and people and the impact of those on our lives today. It is a subject that celebrates diversity of societies and relationships between different groups, as well as their own identity and the challenges of their time.
Our teaching equips pupils to think critically, ask perceptive and valid questions of historical value and develop perspective judgements.
By the end of Year 6 children will
- Know and understand historical chronology
- Know about changes in the past, living memory and beyond.
- Know and understand significant aspects of the history of the wider world
- Have acquired historical skills and wide range of subject specific vocabulary.
- Understand the methods of historical enquiry
- Be able to link eras historically and geographically.
To ensure active participation and engagement we use a range of primary and secondary resources to inspire children. These include artefacts, school trips, hook day activities, inspirational speakers and visitors.
Units taught throughout KS1 and KS2: