Our Vision and Aims
At the centre of our ethos is the belief that we must nurture and develop the whole child, emotionally, socially and academically. We recognize that each child is an individual with different strengths and talents and that a creative and well balanced curriculum is needed to develop the confidence to succeed and grow.
Through a strong , active partnership between home and school we aim to ensure all those associated with each school realize they are members of a caring community where “learning for life” can take place.
Our school Aims are:
- Developing lively enquiring minds, life-long learning skills and fit, healthy bodies.
- Fostering friendship, self esteem and pride in themselves and Parkwall School.
- Teaching children to express themselves clearly and confidently through the study of a broad and balanced curriculum preparing children for life in the 21st Century.
- Showing respect towards and cooperation with all people within the context of a multicultural society.
- Ensuring individuals have equality of opportunity in all aspects of school life.
- Maintaining an effective partnership between home and school.
- Providing high quality teaching leadership and management in order to provide effective education
“Since moving into secondary education, my child and fellow pupils of Parkwall have proved that the school provided them with a first rate education. Their reading skills are fluent and accurate , if not better than their peers and my child is in the top three for maths in the school year. None of this could have been achieved without the dedication and hard work of the teachers and staff at Parkwall. So I wanted to say a big thank you and the school for giving my child and others like them a first rate education.”Parent of an ex-pupil September 2012