The pupil premium for 2018-19 has been allocated to schools. This money is allocated to schools in order to support the progress of children in vulnerable groups. The money is paid directly to schools and is based on the number of children who receive or have received Free School Meals, children in care and children of parents in the armed services. It is up to schools to decide how this money is spent. The pupil premium is used to focus on the needs of vulnerable children in our school. There are 128 children on roll, a total of £72,000 pupil premium is allocated to the school.
We have prioritised it to focus on children who are:
- Free school meals
- Looked after children
- Vulnerable children who are in danger of underachieving
- We prioritise the use of pupil premium to ensure that it has the biggest impact on the life chances and education of our children
We use the money to:
- Focus on every child becoming a reader in the early years and Y1
- Targeted intervention in reading through Reading Recovery
- Providing support for educational visits throughout the year
- Providing pastoral support through parent and family support
- Targeted intervention in maths and literacy within classes
- Providing support for Breakfast club.
- Additional teacher support for those children in danger of underachieving
- Ensuring attendance is a high priority
- Early intervention and assessment of speech and language acquisition.